29 Sep 2020
The fall season in Sandbridge is simply wonderful! Beautiful, sunny days and cooler evenings make for a much more comfortable stay as you enjoy the outdoors. Sandbridge Beach and the surrounding neighborhoods are full of activities and things to do for fall fun. Whether you're visiting for a fall vacation or extending your time doing your virtual working/learning, we've compiled a list of great attractions and ideas to try. Pumpkin patches, local farmer's markets, corn mazes are just a few of the things that await when you visit Sandbridge Beach this fall! Check availability of our vacation homes & condos and find your perfect rental.
Here is a list of our suggested ideas*:
1) Spend a few hours in Pungo – visit the Military Aviation Museum, home to one of the largest private collections of World War I and II era military aircraft in the world, and Jurassic Park Dinosaur Field located at the entrance to the museum. Children will enjoy the unique collection of dinosaur sculptures and can even win a prize for identifying all the dinosaurs! Before or after your visit, stop by the Redhead Bay Cafe for breakfast or lunch, Pungo’s newest restaurant serving up excellent food and uniquely handcrafted cocktails!
2) Visit Cullipher Farms Pumpkin Patch and pick your own locally grown pumpkin straight from the field! Cullipher Farms also offers cotton and corn mazes, hay pyramids, a sunflower field and private wagon rides. Stop by their orchard and chose from a wide variety of hand-picked fruits and vegetables. You can also enjoy other local fruits and vegetables, jams, jellies, relishes, baked goods, ice cream, peanuts and so much more! SEASONAL and TICKETS PURCHASED ONLINE IN ADVANCE AS WELL.
3) Visit Hunt Club Farm and enjoy the thrills of their Halloween Festival (September 25 – October 31), featuring Towne of Terror, Field of Screams, and Village of the Dead! ALL TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE AND ONLINE.
4) Oysters and Sunsets – grab a bushel of locally sourced oysters, some crackers and cocktail sauce, and enjoy our spectacular sunsets from one of our bay homes.
5) Participate in the Wicked 10K Run held at the oceanfront! Enjoy a Halloween Themed Post-Race Party with Live Entertainment, Blue Moon Beer and Angry Orchard Hard Cider. Participants go all out in this popular event by dressing up in Halloween Costumes! There is even a Monster Mile for the little ones to enjoy.
6) Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens – September 23 – October 29, 6 pm – midnight.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ATTRACTIONS ARE OPERATING UNDER REVISED SCHEDULES BUT ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS. EACH ONE IS A BIT DIFFERENT. WE DON’T SELL THE TICKETS, BUT THEY CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE. PLEASE CONTACT THOSE BUSINESSES DIRECTLY TO GET SPECIFIC DETAILS OF THEIR OPERATING HOURS.