Terms and Conditions
In consideration of the advance rent received and the mutual promise herein, the Owner of the subject property, through Sandbridge Realty, Inc. (SBR), his Agent, does hereby lease and rent to tenant the property described within for the following terms and conditions:
- PAYMENTS OF RENTS AND ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT (NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED AT CHECK-IN). Confirmation of your reservation is made with payment of the required advance rent payment by the indicated date. The lease agreement must be signed and returned to Agent with your advance payment. The balance of your rent, taxes and fees is due forty-five (45) days prior to your check-in date.
- Reservations made less than forty-five (45) days prior to arrival require payment in full by ACH debit (free) or credit/debit card. Reservations made more than forty-five (45) days prior to arrival require the first payment in the form of ACH debit or credit/debit card and the final payment may be made in the form of cash, personal check, cashier’s check, money order, ACH debit or credit/debit card.
- TAX: The tax rates are governed by the Commonwealth of Virginia and the City of Virginia Beach and may change without notice.
- ALL RENT MUST BE PAID IN U.S. FUNDS AND PAYABLE BY A U.S. BANK. A service charge for any returned payment will be added to the balance due. TENANT AGREES that if the Agent deposits rental money and/or damage deposit into an interest-bearing escrow account, all interest that accrues with respect to such deposits shall be retained by and becomes the exclusive property of the Agent.
TENANT AGREES that if the Agent deposits rental money and/or damage deposit into escrow interest bearing account, all interest, which accrues with respect to such deposits, becomes the exclusive property of the Agent.
- DAMAGE DEPOSIT: Special Occasions will require a mandatory damage deposit. Hosting a Special Occasion without Agent’s consent or prior knowledge will be considered breach of this Agreement and if found to be hosting an unauthorized Special Occasion, Tenant agrees to immediately pay liquidated damages in an amount equal to the Special Occasion Fee. All other reservations will require payment of a taxable, non-refundable Accidental Damage Plan fee. Tenant agrees to be responsible for damages to the premises during the period of tenancy, including damages to the furnishings and household items resulting from the acts or inaction of the Tenant or their invitees, but excluding normal wear and tear. It is the Tenant’s responsibility to report to Agent’s office upon arrival any damages found or any repairs required. The amount of the damage deposit or Accidental Damage Plan fee is specified on the front of the lease. The purpose of the damage deposit is to protect the dwelling and contents from unintended or negligent damages and/or the dwelling being left abnormally dirty resulting in excessive cleaning costs. The units are carefully inspected after each rental. The damage deposit may also be applied to any additional or unpaid charges incurred by the Tenant during the term of this lease. In addition, Tenant agrees to reimburse Owner for any damage expenses incurred in excess of the damage deposit, including collection costs and reasonable attorney’s fees incurred. If Tenant has a credit card number on file with Sandbridge Realty, Inc., Tenant grants Sandbridge Realty, Inc. the right to charge the Tenant’s credit card for all damage expenses incurred by the Tenant and/or Tenant’s invitees. Please note: the Accidental Damage Plan fee covers up to five hundred dollars ($500) of unintentional damage, and in order to be covered, any damage must be reported to Agent in writing prior to departure.
- CHECK-IN TIME: Begins no earlier than 4:00 p.m. We make every effort to ensure that all units are clean and ready for occupancy; however in some instances it may be necessary to delay occupancy until the unit is ready. There are NO REFUNDS due to late occupancy. Do not go to the property before checking in at our office. It delays cleaning, servicing, and inspection of the property and your check-in time. If you anticipate arrival after 5 p.m., notify our office ahead of time so that arrangements can be made for keys and directions.
- CHECK-OUTS: All units must be vacated by 10:00 a.m. on check-out day (NO EXCEPTIONS). An extra day’s rent will be charged for all late checkouts. Our inspection crews require your timely departure, so that the unit can be prepared for the next tenants. Tenant is responsible for straightening all furniture, cleaning dishes, taking out trash, and leaving the unit in good shape. Our cleaning crew will take care of the rest. Please ensure you’ve packed all your belongings before checking out, as we cannot be responsible for items left in the rental home. There will be a service charge in addition to the costs of mailing, for items that are requested by you to be picked up and mailed by Agent. All additional charges will be deducted from your Damage Deposit or billed to you directly as need
- RULES AND TENANT OBLIGATIONS (Tenants must comply with all local, city and state ordinances):
- ACCOMMODATIONS AND FURNISHINGS: Each home is privately owned; furnished, equipped for housekeeping, and decorated to the Owner’s taste. Kitchens come stocked with cookware and dinnerware. Beds have mattress pads, bedspreads, and pillows. You will need to bring all paper products, soaps, staples, blankets, dish towels, dish cloths, and personal items. If not provided by the Owner, you will need to bring bed linens and towels or you may rent them from Ocean Rentals @ 1-800-695-4212 or online at WWW.OCEANRENTALSLTD.COM.
- FAMILY GROUPS ONLY AND MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Tenancy is reserved for family groups only, as authorized by Agent’s contracts with the property Owners. No high school, college, civic, or other non-family groups are allowed to lease the property without prior approval. Tenant must be a minimum of 24 years of age and must occupy the property during the entire rental period. Identification must be furnished upon request. The occupancy limit, as stated in Agent’s advertising, cannot be exceeded. Occupancy count includes children. Violation of the above is grounds for immediate eviction with forfeiture of all rent and damage deposit paid. Certain gatherings may require Special Event Insurance; please contact SBR’s Reservations Department for details.
- MAINTENANCE & REPAIR: Every reasonable effort is made to keep each property and its equipment in good working order. Notify us promptly of any property difficulties. We will make every effort to correct problems within a reasonable time. Replacements are not provided. There will be NO REFUNDSgiven for inoperable appliances, malfunctioning mechanical systems, and faulty equipment, including HVAC systems. Owner and Sandbridge Realty have the right to reasonably inspect the property during your occupancy and to make repairs to its fixtures, appliances, furnishings, and facilities during your rental period.
- PETS: Properties that allow pets accept no more than two (2) domestic dogs. NO OTHER ANIMALS OR PETS ARE ALLOWED. A taxable, non-refundable fee is charged for each pet. Pets found on the premises without authorization is a material breach of this agreement and shall result in termination of your tenancy with forfeiture of all monies previously tendered plus an additional taxable fee in the amount of $1000. Local ordinance requires that pet owners use air-tight containers to remove and dispose of all pet waste. Properties are not guaranteed to be hypoallergenic.
- TELEPHONES: The property phone is for local calls only. If you make toll calls on the Owner’s phone, a service fee in addition to the amount of your calls will be deducted from your Damage Deposit or billed directly to you.
- AFTER HOURS LOCKOUTS: A service fee is charged for all after hour’s lockout calls. Tenants will meet Agent at our office and the service charge will be due and payable at that time.
- GRILLS: International Fire Code states that open-flamed cooking devices shall not be operated on combustible balconies or within 10 feet of combustible construction. Open-flamed cooking devices are not permitted on condominium decks. Tenant is responsible for damages occurring as a result of misuse.
- FIREPLACES: Off-Season use. Only fireplaces specifically listed in the unit descriptions are for renters’ use. There will be NO REFUNDS for inoperable fireplaces.
- OWNERS CLOSETS: Locked closets are not available to guests. The doors are checked after each rental departure. If the doors have been tampered with, your entire damage deposit will be forfeited or you will be billed for missing and damaged items.
- DECKS: Decks shall at no time during tenancy exceed the stated maximum property occupancy.
- TRANSFER: Tenant may request a transfer from one week to another in the same unit, same year. All requests for transfers must be made in writing to Sandbridge Realty at least 30 days prior to original check-in. Transfers which occur from a higher rental rate season to a lower rental rate season will remain at the charge of the higher rental rate. A transfer fee will apply. Transfers to another rental unit will be treated as a cancellation (as noted in # 7 below).
- CANCELLATION: All cancellations must be in writing. In the event of an emergency cancellation occurring one week or less before check-in date, a verbal cancellation will be accepted by phone, but must be followed up in writing. Every effort is made to re-rent the property to minimize your loss. If the property is re-rented for the original rental period or a portion thereof, the only refund due the Tenant are funds in excess of the original rental rate. The Administrative Fee, Damage Deposit Waiver Fee, and Trip Insurance Premium are non-refundable items. In addition, all cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee of 21% of the gross rent. Refunds are payable to the tenant within 30 days after the subsequent re-rent payment has cleared accounts. Tip: Consider Trip Insurance.
- LIMITATIONS OF REMEDIES, DAMAGES, AND INDEMNITY: In the event SBR or the Owner is unable to deliver the reserved property to Tenant for the full rental period under this lease agreement because of fire, eminent domain, act of nature, or act of war, or if the property is unavailable because of delay in construction or because of lack of water or sewer, or any other reason beyond Agent’s reasonable control, Tenant hereby agrees that SBR’s and Owner’s sole liability as a result of any of these conditions is (1) a pro-rated refund of rent previously tendered by Tenant pursuant to the terms of this lease for the dates that the property is unavailable to be delivered for occupancy or (2) a transfer to an alternate property of Agent’s choice provided Tenant pays any additional monies that may be owed for renting the replacement property. After occupancy, Tenant shall not be entitled to any refund due to unfavorable weather, mandatory hurricane evacuation, disruption of utility service (including cable and internet), or sand replenishment. Tenant also agrees that in the case of a double booking Tenant will be entitled to full refund of all rent and fees previously tendered by Tenant. Tenant agrees to be responsible for the cost of any repairs to the property required due to the negligence of or accidental damage by Tenant or their invitees in excess of that covered by the Accidental Damage Plan fee. Tenant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Owner and Agent from and against liability for damage or injury to the person or property of the Tenant or to any member of their party, their invitees, or to anyone on leased premises, whether invited or not invited by Tenant, resulting from any cause whatsoever, except only such a damage or personal injury caused by the gross negligence or intentional acts of Owner or Agent.
- This agreement shall not be binding unless and until Agent has received one-half of the gross rent and all payments have cleared. Tenant acknowledges that they may not have possession of the premises until full rental amount set forth herein has been paid.
- Every effort has been made to assure that the information in this agreement and brochure and Internet listings is correct. Sandbridge Realty cannot be held responsible for changes made by Owners or advertising errors. Taste, style, and quality vary. Sandbridge Realty makes every effort to relay home information via pictures, descriptions, relative pricing, and website. There will be NO REFUNDS due to property advertising discrepancies.
- This agreement may not be assigned by Tenant at any point in time. Subletting the premises is strictly prohibited.
- AGENCY DISCLOSURE: Sandbridge Realty, Inc. is the Agent of the Owner and as such will lease property and provide information about property to Tenants and customers
- NOTICE: This is a legally binding contract. If not understood, seek competent advice. Subject property may or may not be owned by a Real Estate Licensee.